It is now winter keep yourself warm by having coffee or tea with scones. Nothing beats drinking dalgona coffee and vanilla Scones on a cold day. It is like heaven on earth. However scones can be enjoyed in any season.
Vanilla scones are easy to make and bake. It takes less than 30 minutes. No fancy equipment is needed. The ingredients are also easy to gather because most of the things are already available in the kitchen.
In this vanilla scone recipe I have used butter and a rub in method.
You can also try my Buttermilk scones with oil.
Remember to sift your flour for lighter scones.
The name of these scones come from adding vanilla flavour to the recipe. I used Vanilla essence but vanilla extract can also be used. If you don’t like Vanilla flavour, you can bake plain scones, they will still taste good.
A food processor can be used to mix flour and butter, but I prefer mixing with my fingers as it makes baking interesting. Let’s get into the kitchen and have some fun while baking vanilla scones.
Ingredients For Vanilla Scone Recipe
2 cups plain flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
⅛ teaspoon salt
3 tablespoons sugar
175 mls milk
4 tablespoons butter
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
Method For Vanilla Scone Recipe
1 Preheat oven to 200 degrees Celsius
2. Mix milk, egg , vanilla essence and set aside
3. Sift together flour, salt and baking powder into a Bowl. Add sugar and mix.
4. Add butter then rub in using your fingertips until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
5. Add milk and egg mixture while mixing with a round bladed knife until large chunks are formed. Leave about 2 tablespoons of the milk and egg mixture to use later.
6. Using your hands, bring the chunks together to form a dough while kneading lightly.
7. On a floured surface, roll out the dough gently using a rolling pin. If you don’t have a rolling pin , spread out with your fingers.
9. Using a pastry brush
, brush the top with the milk and egg mixture.
10. Bake for 15 minutes or until Scones are golden brown on top. Remove from the oven, allow to cool for 15 minutes and serve
1. Scones can stay fresh for 2 days in an airtight container
2. Scone dough or baked scones can be freezed and thawed before baking or reheating.