A lot of people when they hear about Keto diet they tend to think that it’s a dull diet full of taste less and unflavoured food. Others think it’s a diet where you have to eat vegetables all the time like other diets out there.
That is wrong, Keto diet is full of flavourful, tasty and delicious food just like this keto pork chops recipe. The garlic, lemon grass, spices and sauces give these pork chops a good flavour and a delicious aroma.
Keto pork chops are so juicy and taste amazing. To keep your chops juicy and tender make sure not to over cook them, 4-5 minutes is enough time to cook the pork chops.
After cooking the pork chops allow them to rest for a few minutes before cutting them into strips to permit juices to be reabsorbed into the meat. Cutting the meat soon after cooking will result in loosing the juices and makes the chops tough.
Before cooking these keto pork chops, marinate them for at least 1 hour to infuse flavours to the chops and to tenderise them. When you want to cook the pork chops, coat the chops lightly with almond flour to prevent the marinade from burning and sticking to the pan.
These pork chops can be served with leafy vegetable salad. If you like this recipe I am sure you will also like Keto ginger steak recipe.
Ingredients For Keto Pork Chops with Chilli Sauce
4 boneless pork chops
1 tablespoon of almond flour
½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon of five spice
1 ½ teaspoons soy sauce
4 halved garlic cloves
1 stalk of lemongrass
1 medium star anise
½ teaspoon of peppercorns
1-tablespoon fish sauce
1-teaspoon sesame oil
For chilli sauce
½ tablespoon of sugar-free ketchup
½ tablespoon of chili paste
Method For Keto Pork Chops with Chilli Sauce
1. Put the pork chops on a flat table and use a rolling pin to pound the pork chops into ½-inch thick pieces.
2. Prepare the marinade by grinding peppercorns and anise in a blender to a fine powder.
3. Add the garlic and lemongrass to the blender and grind to a puree.
4. Add the fish sauce, sesame oil, soy sauce, and five-spice powder then mix well.
5. Season the pork chops with salt, place them on a tray, add the marinade, and then turn over to ensure the pork chops are well coated. Cover and leave in the fridge for at least 1 hour.
6. Place a pan on high heat, add oil, and then coat the pork chops lightly with almond flour.
7. Place the coated chops in the pan and cook both sides for about 2 minutes on each side.
8. When done, allow the chops to rest for 1-3 minutes then cut into several strips.
9. To make the sauce, mix together sugar-free ketchup and chilli paste. Drizzle on top of the pork chops. Serve and enjoy.
Net carbs per serving 6g
I hope you will enjoy this pork chop recipe. What do you like to serve your