Creamy, sugar free and gluten free, this keto condensed milk is a versatile low carb ingredient for keto dessert recipes. It takes keto baking to a whole new level. This homemade keto condensed milk is as good as the store bought but even better because it is sugar free and low in carbs.
It is easy to make keto condensed milk at home with just 3 ingredients but it requires attention. You should always keep an eye on the pot to avoid burning the condensed milk. It takes about 20-30 minutes on medium heat for the milk to reduce and start to thicken. I recommend to use a big pan as the larger the surface area of the pan the faster milk will reduce and thicken. The milk will continue to thicken as it cools down.
Ingredients to use when making keto condensed milk
Only 3 ingredients are needed to make keto Condensed milk. These ingredients are;
• heavy cream – heavy cream is keto friendly and it thickens well.
• low carb sweetners – swerve, xylitol, erythritol, Stevia or other sugar free sweeteners can be used. A mixture of 2 or 3 sweeteners can also be used. I recommend using powdered sweetener as it mixes better with the cream than granulated sweetener.
• butter– helps with flavour and thickening. If you do not like butter you can use ghee.
How to use keto condensed milk?
Condensed milk is commonly used in desserts like puddings, pies, cookies, fudge, etc. Condensed milk can also be added to a cup of coffee. I like to drizzle condensed milk on keto peanut fudge fudge.
How to store keto condensed milk?
After milk has cooled to room temperature, pour into a glass jar with a lid and put in a refrigerator. It can stay for 2-3 weeks. Condensed milk will thicken further once chilled in the fridge. If it is too thick for your liking you can microwave it for 10seconds and mix it before use. You can also reheat it on the stove top or place the jar in a bowl of hot water.
Craving for bread! Get this keto bread book Here for bread recipes.
Ingredients For Keto Sweetened Condensed Milk
1 cup heavy whipping cream
⅓ cup swerve confectioners
2 tablespoons butter
¼ teaspoon vanilla extract (optional)
Method For Keto Sweetened Condensed Milk
1.Put heavy cream and swerve to a saucepan over medium heat. Allow the mixture to come to a boil while whisking.
2. Once the mixture has come to a boil reduce heat so that the mixture will simmer.
3. Allow the mixture to simmer for 20-30minutes whisking occasionally until mixture is reduced by ⅓ or ½.
4. Once the mixture is reduced, remove from the heat and whisk in butter and vanilla (if you are using it).
5. Allow to cool and transfer to an airtight jar and refrigerate until you want to use it.
• This condensed milk will solidify in the fridge to a consistency of a thick frosting. You can spread it on brownies or other keto desserts. You can also warm it up to bring it Back to a pouring consistency.
•You can substitute butter for ghee
Other Keto Recipes to try;
I would like to interact with you, follow me on ;
Are you just starting the keto diet? Get into ketosis fast by using this Keto supplement.